Thursday, April 12, 2012

What are you excited for?

[:1]Hello everyone! My first post here on the Monk forums!

The other day I was sitting down at a coffee shop, and I was thinking of what I' m excited about with the coming of Diablo 3; however not just Diablo 3, but more precisely the Monk! Hence, my post in the Monk forum.

How amazing is it going to be in the beginning when everything is so fresh and there is so much to be discovered? None of us will know what the best builds, or even what the builds are (!!!), because all we'll see is the abyss of pure potential staring us in the face! It's going to be so great to see everyone sharing their experiences and knowledge here on the forums, working together, paving the way for future Monks! The beginning of a video game is so amazing, and pretty rare to experience, and we're going to be right there!

It's going to be so great to watch the community flourish with all of us philosophizing upon the physics of the monk, especially for PvP!

One day a certain build may seem so promising, only to be rendered obsolete by newly discovered builds! This only happens in a games very beginning stages, which we'll get to experience!

I'm excited to see those Monks, whom for some reason see the bigger picture and just know how to play the character, distinguish themselves and become legends to future Monks! Who's going to be those Monks whom are just great, and can defeat anyone in a 1v1 duel (If it exist); and at the same time they are just so nice and polite that everyone loves them! And - Who's going to be that Monk who is also just as great, yet because of his terrible attitude and bad manners, that everyone loves to hate?

What weapons and items are we going to discover that just work too well?

Especially the one's that aren't even intended to be so!

What are we going to discover works that wasn't even seen or intended by Blizzard? Oh, the possibilities!

What items and moves are going to be too powerful that they'll be nerfed, and then we'll get to say "Oh I remember in patch yadda, yadda, yadda, when yadda, yadda, yadda."

When's the first PvP tournament between Monks vs Monks going to happen?

Who's going to win!

Too potentially see the massive changes which happen with early patches!

To debate on these forums about what we think and why we think it!

Really, I' m just so excited to have this great experience and share it with everyone on these forums!

Yeah it's corny and sentimental, but hey: We're Monks!

What are you all excited about?|||I am particularly excited to see what they end up giving the Monk as far as a mobility skill, because as of yet he really doesn't have a skill completely dedicated for agility. Dashing Strike only works at a target, and SSS is way too clunky and long to be truly mobility.

The Barbie has Leap Attack, sprint, and charge

Witch Doc Spirit Woc

Wiz Teleport

Demon Hunter Vault

All besides barb are dedicated movement and barb has 3.



Also.., I am excited to see Monks completely kill it in PvP like you said.|||Exploding palm and its rune'd variants. Watching the videos, the monk seems to do a lot of damage, but using exploding palm, he is absolutely decimating entire groups in seconds. I can't wait to see how runes will affect this.|||I'm excited to just try out a bunch of different Monk ideas and see which one works the best for what I want to achieve.|||- exploding palm - |||exploding palm + dominate aura |||definitely exploding palm |||As for playing in a general sense, I just kind of miss having a new Diablo game. Been like 10+ years since the last one, and for some reason Titan's Quest and Torchlight only made me miss Diablo more (which I suppose is why I started playing d2 again).

In terms of the monk, I was never happy with the assassin. I disliked traps and found martial damage to be underwhelming. The monk immediately struck me as the class I wanted the assassin to be. I'm hopeful for a class with alot of speed. I really like to play fast and furious. I like to push my reaction time to the limit. So I'm eager to try out the monk.|||I'm eager to fight other monks as a monk to experience those fast a furious fights. It could be a very fun time.|||Seven-Sided Strike

No comments:

Post a Comment