Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Extended Monk Gameplay Footage

Here are two YouTube videos, totaling 10 minutes or so. Decent quality, but I assume these will be released in HD over the next day or two.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjB67gSPxk

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QXbrEgupVM|||HOLY CRAP. that was SICK.|||Yep, those vids are amazing. At first, when I was watching the footage of the monk going solo, I was thinking that he seems so damn awesome that the other characters just can't be as cool any longer by comparison. But the great thing was that when you see all 4 characters playing together in the above videos, you realise they all kick ***! It's just great, brings a smile to my face. I'll follow the wizard for a half a minute, and think "no way anyone can beat that". But then I watch the witchdoctor, and then he looks the best! And so on, with all the classes.|||Thats just awesome.

But there's one thing thats really starting to bug me, namely the shaking of the screen after pretty much each and every attack. Its almost constant, and its giving me a massive headache. Same with some of the sound effects and body explosions, its nearly constant.

I really hope they tone it down a little.|||Other than the wait, Diablo 3 will be awesome.|||Awesome videos, thanks for posting!

Anyone seen that crazy explosion of electricity in the second part nearer towards the end? Some skill rune for sure .... And I'm loving Plague of Toads and Tornados!!!!|||Did you see how the tornados cleared out that pack of baddies that was blocking the platform off the bridge? So awesome. Personally I love the shaking and exploding, makes everything feel so much more epic than d2.|||Things in the videos I liked:

Destructible environment(wondering if you take damage from falling chunks of stone/whatever)

Teaming up with 4 other players seems like it still offers challenge. Even with 4 characters they still took a while to kill enemies(compared to D2 where if you put 4 characters into the same battle it is complete annihilation.)



Things I am not so fond of:

Gameplay videos that dont show the UI.

Seems like most every attack has a knockback effect.

Shaking screen for most every attack.

Very easy to lose track of what is enemy and what is friendly, characters blend in with the enemies too much in my opinion. Throw 4 characters all using their AoE attacks and it seems like it will be easy to lose track of where you and your party members are.|||Quote:








Very easy to lose track of what is enemy and what is friendly, characters blend in with the enemies too much in my opinion. Throw 4 characters all using their AoE attacks and it seems like it will be easy to lose track of where you and your party members are.




Keep in mind you are watching a small Youtube video. I'm sure while playing in fullscreen you will have a MUCH easier time differentiating between friend and foe.|||Quote:








Keep in mind you are watching a small Youtube video. I'm sure while playing in fullscreen you will have a MUCH easier time differentiating between friend and foe.




After playing the demo for a bit, I did feel like it was a slight bit annoying when trying to find your party members in a pack of monsters.

In the demo, the Monk did not have all the abilities shown here. I'm quite sure the Monk was buffed up in levels in this trailer to be able to take out enemies with relative ease. The Monk in the demo had to work with allies to be able to take out the enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment