Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Extended Monk Gameplay Footage - Page 5

Quote:








I agree with bkkorps and s4nder.

My comments are:

- I love the destructible environment too.

- shaking screen and sound are annoying when so repetitive as you noted.

- the things that, above all, mess up the screen are the huge combat animations and monster bloody explosions.. should they really happen EVERY time and be so wide?

-there are no outlines here! And it seems better, at least in the videos

-shouldn't slow-time follow the wizard?



P.S.: the youtube movies have a bad audio sync.. is it true or it's just my computer?




Because it's a promotional video, they want players watching the videos to go while watching but it will probably be toned down when the actual game is released. However, from a playing perspective I think it's not really over the top, maybe the visual spectacle takes a little time to get used to, especially for D2 players. But you have to accept these new changes though.|||Quote:








- I love the destructible environment too.




Me too. But the falling pillars didn't seem to do any damage to the skeletons.


Quote:








-shouldn't slow-time follow the wizard?




Slow-time has a static position once it is deployed.

I didn't like the bleed effect on skeletons from the Exploding Palm and the resulting explosion of blood. I guess it could have been bone marrow.|||Quote:








Perhaps there will be a way to "clear" your tier so you can start a new combo (A-1, B-2, Clear, C-1, A-2, Clear, A-1, Clear, A-1, etc).




If you wait a certain amount of time, currently 0.6 seconds, then it will reset your stage.|||Quote:








First of all, I disliked him when I first saw him since I was disappointed. I hoped for a Paladin. Or a Shape Shifter. Yes, a Monk was a disappointment for me.

Am I seriously being attacked for having a different opinion?

And no, this is not how I imagine a fast char. He doesn't seem fragile nor quick nor agile. His attacks have "fast" animations, but that is it. And I have watched these videos several times.

But I'm sorry, I didn't see the "We Love the Monk" rally signs.




Let's take the flip side and think about the people who like fast, light melee chars with combo moves. It was cool I had the sin; stealth is one of my fav things in D&D. But damn, to actually have a MONK! My prayers have been literally answered.



Nobody would really attack your opinion, but to call the monk slow is not an opinion, it's just false. So far, he has the fastest attacks. "fast animations" is exactly what people mean by a fast attacking char...O.o



Then how would you imagine a fast char? The monk is not supposed to be fragile at all, he's very quick, and the 7 sided attack looks like he's pretty agile ;P















*invents the I <3 MONK banner emote*



afk.|||Exactly.

If i had hoped for a paladin or shapeshifter it's already in the game.

We know which game that is.

Witchy Doc was in the fore running in the preferred class to play but not anymore!|||Truly epic.

This game is gonna cost me SOOO much sleep!|||How about if we make a "We Love the Monk" rally sign right now?|||Quote:










Then how would you imagine a fast char?

.




Well, easily:

They said fragile? I imagine a char that doesn't go head to head with tons of mobs, but divides and conquers or uses a lot of Stunning/separating skills. I don't imagine hard hitting char as the Barb. That's why with have the Barb.

They said fast? I imagine a char that her basic running is speed is much great and more agile. A char that all of her attacks are lightning fast (very much unlike Crippling Wave). A char with at least one Charge or Teleporting skills.

They said agile? I imagine tons of Dodge abilities- You hits and run (probably with a 3rd combo move). Even Impenetrable Defense seems too passive and "heavy" for this. I imagine some kind of cool Battle Dance.

However, I must say you're right. I haven't played him nor have I seen more than 10% of his total skills. So I might be too quick to judge.|||No light melee we've ever had in diablo games was a fragile char, but we've definitely had the fast one, and nobody's whined about her yet.

I do see your point on running speed, but maybe he has a burst of speed, or increased run/walk passive. Monks are usually fast runners. In many games, they even run up a wall faster than most sprint :P

For agile (and fast), there's the SSS. That alone is the epitome of what we know so far, and we have more skills to go. The monk even currently has dodges that counter attack, and the defense like you mentioned (who moves super fast and accurately; agile).

No comments:

Post a Comment