Monday, April 16, 2012

How satisfied are you with the Monk? 1-10 - Page 3

8/10

I played the D3 demo like 10 times at blizcom, I will have to say out of the classes out the monk was the most fun, one of his moves also worked as a teleport, a few of his finishers had AE dmg and also did knockback which kept him pretty safe, not to meantion he also has a shield move that blocks out most dmg...

I took a few points off because at least in the demo he could only use one wep type, i dug the akuma beads but over all didnt care too much for the look|||9/10 I think its the fighter of choice. He is far more awesome as the big barb for me.

Only thing i dont like is that he can only use fists and claws. Which is boring for a melee fighter. If i play a warrior type char i want him to use most weapons i find! I hated the claws for the assassin in D2.



Bonus:

10/10 Wizard (Just the perfect char for me)

5/10 Barb (I dont like him but he has some cool moves like WW)

3/10 WD (I will probably only play him if i get tired of the other chars. He seems like a bad looking Necro with not so cool monsters. Skeletons/Revives are awesome)|||8 / 10

He looks great and the gameplay was cool too from the videos i`ve seen until now.|||Quote:








9/10 I think its the fighter of choice. He is far more awesome as the big barb for me.

Only thing i dont like is that he can only use fists and claws. Which is boring for a melee fighter. If i play a warrior type char i want him to use most weapons i find!




Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he can use a staff. |||Quote:








Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he can use a staff.




You are correct but that doesnt change anything. Staff and Claws are still a veeery small part of the available weapons in the game.|||Quote:








You are correct but that doesnt change anything. Staff and Claws are still a veeery small part of the available weapons in the game.




I haven't officially heard him being limited to only 3 weapons. Some are rumoring about types of swords and stuff.



Even still, if he can use multiple types, he might just use a certain type by default. Think of it as why sins go claw / claw rather than 2-h sword.



PS: Claws are the best





afk|||10

it's one of those classes you know will be kick-*** in every single way, but you never expect to pop up.|||Quote:








He's using martial arts, *duh*.




Yeah... with all the fire and explosions.

The Monk is as much of a martial artist as the characters on Naruto are ninjas.|||It looks very good.

But, it's essentially just another melee. I think of it as the assassin.

It looks like an expansion pack character.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like fun, but it doesn't broaden the gameplay archetypes like I'd hoped. I was really hoping for some form of ranged unit with melee abilities.

There's a reason they are archetypes.|||8.5/10

Staff and multi hit combos rock; Glad to see all classes are getting some sort of crowd control capabilities; Good memories of Hellfire; Looks like a cross between Zangief and a Shaolin monk.

+1 If the female monk is hawt

+2 If there are 3 weapon types from TMNT (bo, sword, sai)

+3 If there is a ha-do-ken special move

+5 If there is a 3 sectional staff or dual melon balls

No comments:

Post a Comment