Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Extended Monk Gameplay Footage - Page 3

Quote:








My reaction was more like: omg if you play in a 5 monk party and everyone uses the 7punchstrike it becomes a chaos from all these overspeeded moves. I hope its still clear whats going on when you teamplay in d3




Yeah very confusing indeed are the 4 player videos. But once you get used to all the skills, it will be very clear. Take Chaos Runs in D2, theres all those player skills going around and OK curses, Balrog infernos, Finger Mage Missiles, its like a Mardi Gras feast. But you subconsciously know everything that is going on without even looking away from your cursor's field of vison.|||First of all, I disliked him when I first saw him since I was disappointed. I hoped for a Paladin. Or a Shape Shifter. Yes, a Monk was a disappointment for me.

Am I seriously being attacked for having a different opinion?

And no, this is not how I imagine a fast char. He doesn't seem fragile nor quick nor agile. His attacks have "fast" animations, but that is it. And I have watched these videos several times.

But I'm sorry, I didn't see the "We Love the Monk" rally signs.|||Quote:








First of all, I disliked him when I first saw him since I was disappointed. I hoped for a Paladin. Or a Shape Shifter. Yes, a Monk was a disappointment for me.

Am I seriously being attacked for having a different opinion?

And no, this is not how I imagine a fast char. He doesn't seem fragile nor quick nor agile. His attacks have "fast" animations, but that is it. And I have watched these videos several times.

But I'm sorry, I didn't see the "We Love the Monk" rally signs.




A lot of people are going bat s**t crazy for the monk, saying he is the best and so on and so forth. Me included.

Its cool if you dont feel that way, its all personal taste|||I had mixed feelings of the monk since it was certainly what I wasn't expecting, BUT, I do understand they want to try a fresh new character after the last ones we've had, and just imagine what we'll get in the expansion. What I don't understand too much is if you read the lore on the Diablo 3 official website, it mentions "The monks’ skin, the accounts said, was as hard as iron, impenetrable by the blade of any sword or by the point of any arrow, and their fists could break stone as easily as you or I would snap a twig"

So why is he so fragile as they keep mentioning? Just to give him a weakness through all the madness he brings on the battlefield? They should stick with the lore...|||Oh ya, regarding the video, it is awesome, and I love the screen shake effect that shows the power behind everything. I'm sure when your playing it, it's nearly non existent when your so wrapped up in everything going on. Probably only noticeable mostly by watching and not playing. Remember, Blizzard said in the beginning they wanted to give your characters a very power feel and make things over the top so you know your in control of a powerful character. I'm all for it. Epic deaths with big explosions of body parts and shaking screens all helps that idea.|||When I first discovered Diablo III, I liked it, then I didnt. Now I like it a lot. When they showed the new interface in blizzcast 8, I hated it, now I like it. My first impressions with this game were always bad, and I ended up loving the changes.

When I first heard about the monk I thought "weird", but I didn't dislike it. Then I saw the videos on the official site and I thought "awesome!". The trailer was like a Bruce Lee - Steven Seagal - Diablo - DragonBall fusion.

I didn't expect this class, I was almost sure it was going to be some archer or something along those lines. So it was shocking.

I just downloaded that videos from another site, but with high quality and full screen, and it's just super awesome.

I also saw the new inventory, the quest window, the new interface in action and everything is much better than before. The only class that I don't like much is the witch doctor. The monk is great and (at least to me) surprising. I still prefer the barbarian but this one looks great too.

I can't wait to show some shaolin pwnage.

PD: There are some monsters that look just like Baal.|||Quote:








I just downloaded that videos from another site, but with high quality and full screen




Which site?|||1up has the HD version available for download:

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26071

11:59 - 397 MB|||Quote:








1up has the HD version available for download:

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26071

11:59 - 397 MB




Thanks! |||Nice find! sick abilities

No comments:

Post a Comment