Monday, April 16, 2012

Is there a skill for Monk to throw some fireballs?

Will there be a skill for monk to throw some fireballs? Like in fighting games?|||wouldn't be too far fetched. blizz did say that they did partially take inspiration out of eastern monks and legends and so things like ranged ki attacks might be possible skills in the monk's line up.|||Possibly, I mean there should be a God of Fire between the 1001 gods he worships, right?|||HADOUKEN!

But no i dont see it happening, the way he looks hell be a holy/melee character, so I'd say fireballs wont be found in his arsenal.|||As much as I like to see it happen, I would say that it is probably not going to happen.|||Why toss a fireball when you can just make the target explode instead?|||I doubt the Monk would have a fireball ability in the strictest sense (i.e. a ball made of fire) though it seems likely that a ranged attack would be part of his bag of tricks. Perhaps some kind of holy Kamehameha of light.|||Destructo Disk

An spinning thrown electric disk capable of slicing anything, must be dodged or it'll cut off body parts; just ask Freeza.|||I think they could get some KI energy projectile stuff thing.|||Interesting thought and I see where the idea comes from

But nah.


Quote:








HADOUKEN!

But no i dont see it happening, the way he looks hell be a holy/melee character, so I'd say fireballs wont be found in his arsenal.




More or less the way I'd express my opinion too.

It'd also be too much like the Paladin's Holy Bolt skill (I always felt that took away from his melee feel and seemed off somehow).

The Monk skills shown so far seem to really underline what his skills are about: Debuffing the enemy, quickly getting close to the target and dishing it out, then, when he's low on health, he has magic skills to protect himself while he recovers (impenetrable defense).

That's what his more magically skills do; mostly defensive type things. Offensive means come through hitting/kicking the enemy, not through toasting them from a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment