Friday, April 13, 2012

Monk gameplay in the Artisans Trailer

[:1]At the end of the video, we see the monk fighting against some goatmen, and I'm not quite sure about this, but it looks like the monk attacks sometimes with kicks instead of punches. Am I seeing this right?

If I'm seeing things right, I think it does give the monk's attacks a certain fluidity, and feels much more kung-fu style than it did at Blizzcon 2009. What do you guys think? Does it add or detract from the monk's visual style?|||From what I can see, he uses different types of punches, but he always uses his arms.|||Quote:








From what I can see, he uses different types of punches, but he alwaysuses his arms.




Now that I'm watching it again, I think you're right. It's just that he twists his body and moves his right leg forward, out of view from the camera, but he's actually just giving an uppercut-like punch. Oh well, it still looks more fluid than the Blizzcon 2009 version. |||Yeah, I saw that to. It looks like a roundhouse backfist punch. I'm unsure if it is called that way.|||That is the conclusion I came to as well, that it was some sort of uppercut type punch. I think it looks good-it is very fast. This is the first time we have seen him using a weapon to attack as opposed to just his hands.

I wonder if that was his regular attack animation or if what we were seeing was one of his skills or both. A few times the screen shakes a little bit which I would assume would either be from some type of skill or perhaps a critical strike.|||I noticed that when you see the Monk's inventory he has a helmet shown. The character however doesn't seems to be wearing any headgear.|||I hope they made helmets with an non-appearance or invisible function since most helmets are gawdfull ugly and I prefer to see my toons head!

Headbands and crowns should also be visualized as such!|||He uses punches with his Fist weapons, and he never does any combos or special moves, presumably since his Spirit resource was removed from that build. That's why nothing shows in his mana bulb during the NPC conversation, or during the little fight at the end. Clearly Bliz wants to give us no previews of the resource, pre-blizzcon.|||i think the biggest news in that video is that they made the awful "make the monsters totally transparent, so they just look like red a shape surrounded by thick red lines" effect much less annoying.

In the new video you can even see the model of the monster you fight|||Quote:








I hope they made helmets with an non-appearance or invisible function since most helmets are gawdfull ugly and I prefer to see my toons head!

Headbands and crowns should also be visualized as such!




No deal, if u wanna wear the epic helmet of invincibility which happens to be fugly then u be fugly or u die with naked head liek a noob, na.

No comments:

Post a Comment