Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Finally, something new!

Okay, there's been a monk before in the Diablo franchise. That's not my point.

Watching the Monk's gameplay video was the first time I felt like D3 is really bringing some new things to the table, other than a 3D game engine. All three other classes looked, based on their gameplay, like they could have fit in D2 (two of them did, if you agree with me that the Wizard is just Sorc 2.0 -- but let's not discuss that here). But the Monk, with his combo moves and complex melee style, really made D3 look like more than just D2 with better graphics.

When the Wizard was announced as the third class, I was extremely disappointed. I do think that the Wizard looks like a fun character to play, but it was so unsurprising that I felt like there was no new info being released about the game. The Monk is the first class that really makes me feel like I'll be missing out if I don't buy D3 as soon as it comes out.|||I agree. It really did ramp things up for me. And what's more. Is that the environments that were being shown in the demo were definitely NOT the place I'd imagine "winnie the pooh" would live in.

On top of that, the Monk demo really showed how GORY this game is gonna be!

There was a LOT of blood splatter. That is something I am overjoyed at seeing.

I imagine the monk will be more my 2nd character played. First being the WD.

I think Blizz has outdone themselves so far and with 2009 getting so close to ending, 2010 release date doesn't seem so far off.

The only thing that disappointed me was that they didn't put a game play trailer on the official site. Just a demo of his skillz and his "intro" movie.|||i thought i saw a gameplay vid. It wasn't narrated like the others, but it was there. am i mistaken?

-d|||You can find it on YT.|||Well I went away for the weekend and didnt check the site till just today and lo and behold a new character .. Monk's were always a favorite of mine in my DnD and Nwn gaming days so this was a pleasant surprise. The skills look pretty neat so far and looking forward to the next one..|||I hate monks. But I must say that Blizzard has managed to make it into somewhat of a cool character. Even with that awefull beard.|||He looks like he stepped off of Afro Samurai |||Quote:








I hate monks. But I must say that Blizzard has managed to make it into somewhat of a cool character. Even with that awefull beard.




He's just too manly for you to handle.|||Actually, the Monk isn't so new to me.

Yes, his Combo mechanic is superb and a REAL new feature for a change, but as you said, after the disappointing lack of originality in the announcment of the Wizard, I hoped for a wilder 5th Wild Card char.

And the Monk just ain't it. I was just hoping for something even more extreme like Demonic ShapeShifing, Horseman etc.

However, one can hope that the last char will answer my prayers (probably not, cause it's most likely just a room temperature Ranger class).|||I think you set some pretty unrealistic expectations, since Blizzard already said they wanted the original 5 characters to fill the classic archetypal roles. We won't really see any wild card classes until the expansions.

No comments:

Post a Comment