Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New MOnk Skills - Rainbow Kick, and POW punch - Page 5

Quote:








Shame on me for saying this, but if you thought the art-direction of the previous games was so freaking frustrating, then maybe, could it be that you were playing the wrong game?




I played Diablo 1 again recently and stopped after a while, the darkness could be it.

According to your reasoning, then you are in the wrong part of the forum, and are going to end up buying the wrong game, because you have a problem with Diablo 3's art direction..

I just put up with the really dark areas because I had to, there werent much of them anyway (but the really few dark ones were frustrating), hence why I also think this whole petition was moot, because there was a lot of color in most of D2. I guess we can conclude you will have to do the same.|||The "dark" I've always been referring to, and I'm pretty sure everyone else was too, is in tone and not in luminosity. The chaos sanctuary was pretty well lit, but it was pretty dark in tone. The entire thing was blackened rock and ashened structures. The blood moor was well lit but everything kind of had a somber mood to it. The act 2 tombs were dark but they were pretty neutral, in my opinion. They weren't particularly eerie or anything.

The sewers were both dark in tone and in luminosity and I agree it was too much in that case. I always got tripped up in nooks and areas that had paths that split around a pillar. Most of the act 3 dungeons I didn't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment