Friday, April 13, 2012

Monk, D3's Assassin? - Page 3

[:1]Quote:








Hmmms I have a speculation, maybe he/she could turn into some Buddha-like avatar or something




Like Mario does with his Tanooki Suit? |||Yeah the intro movie sucked. I guess they're trying to appeal to the DBZ crowd. Maybe D3 will have an entire act devoted to characters gaping in awe at how powerful Diablo is, followed by "to be continued..."|||It kinda makes me sad to see the sin go in exchange for the monk. Who will have such brilliant skills as Mind Blast and Cloak of Shadows now? -cries-

I'm hoping for the female monk to be able to be able to be at least half as badass as the sin was. Staves? Pfffft. Fist weapons is the way to go.|||From bits and hints, he'll have fist weapons.

And the monk from sin transition won't be so bad. The sin didn't get to be the MA master she should have, but d3 will pull it off this time

We even get our DS back (in a way). ^-^|||Quote:








From bits and hints, he'll have fist weapons.

And the monk from sin transition won't be so bad. The sin didn't get to be the MA master she should have, but d3 will pull it off this time

We even get our DS back (in a way). ^-^




Yarp. Soon as I get my hands on one (or two?) of them fist weapons, my monks hands will never touch a staff again. Hopefully. ^^

Hmm. 'splodin Palm, eh? I have to admit, it does seem quite fun to blow them up while they're still alive as well...|||Quote:








Yarp. Soon as I get my hands on one (or two?) of them fist weapons, my monks hands will never touch a staff again. Hopefully. ^^




Heh, the Monk trailer showed us all how useful a staff is - it got snapped like a twig once the monk faced some real opposition :P

Staffs are for magicians.|||durability 1/XX



:P|||My melee kicker assassin was so much fun, I hope the monk can do something similar. Also the x2 claw Dtail/Tstrike assassin was cool to play PvM, I made it to 89 with that one I think (if I remember right).|||Quote:








Heh, the Monk trailer showed us all how useful a staff is - it got snapped like a twig once the monk faced some real opposition :P

Staffs are for magicians.






Bah, come on... I'm actually totally happy that there's finally a class that can use a staff for hitting, it's about time.|||Quote:








Bah, come on... I'm actually totally happy that there's finally a class that can use a staff for hitting, it's about time.




Hehehe, I know. My comment was a little tongue-in-cheek, inspired by the way the Monk trailer played out and basing it a bit on the comment I quoted. Sorry for not making that clearer.

It can create some interesting possibilities to be sure - would be fun if a Monk can use magic staves of the kind the Wizard could use, but derive different benefits from them. Versatility can be a very good thing if kept balanced.

In lieu of my unclear comment above, I personally prefer a fist/claw using Monk (I always did prefer sharp metal weapons in games where the object is to kill), but that doesn't mean I'm averse to a melee class using staves; I know there are people with vastly different tastes from myself and I'm certainly not so shallow as to think the world revolves around me either (at least not while I'm level-headed).

No comments:

Post a Comment