Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Extended Monk Gameplay Footage - Page 4

Great videos thanks for sharing!

Major use of 7SS and EP in both videos very prominently. The pc monk invokes the Radiant Visage when faced with great odds, then proceeds to lay waste.

Notice how the monk leads the attack with WHF in 4 p coop? Puts pally's charge to shame! |||Monk here I come. I love 'sins in d2 so a monk will surely be my 1st character.|||But where is this video footage from originally? I want more!|||Quote:








But where is this video footage from originally? I want more!






Bashiok once commented on the Wizard gameplay videos from last year:


Quote:








"There were videos made available to major media/press with BlizzCon so they would have high quality footage to show should they want to report on Diablo III. Normally they're sent in multiple versions, with and without music so that a news caster can easily talk over the action. These are them. They're not official releases."




These are created by Blizzard, but not released directly to the public. They tend to find their way onto the interwebs via those major media sources or dedicated fans.|||Regarding the earlier posts about disliking/liking the monk:

I can't say I like or dislike any character because I have not played them. I can say, though, that I don't care for some of the visuals on the skills: the arcane tornado, tossed frogs, the new zombie spider could be changed respectively into cooler beams of arcane energy, beckoned frogs and summon spider nest or spider corpse-explode. (I am not a fan of zombies or corpses without anything dying.) But, all of the characters look interesting to me and fun to play, and all of their skills look to have interesting, fun mechanics. The monk is no exception, in my opinion.

I think maybe some of the monks skills are visually confusing, especially multi-player, but maybe that is just the unfamiliarity. If it is more than unfamiliarity, then I am sure the designers will fix it.

As for LaZeR's comment, you really can't make the basic movement of a character any faster: you are limited by human constraints. Beyond a certain point, humans aren't fast enough to move to, target and attack (multiple times) several monsters at once. And, that "certain point" is probably where the Barbarian stands. Skills that themselves accomplish that speed were probably Blizz's only option, and they certainly balanced it with weaker attacks. Even this overpowered demo build still often required the Monk to make multiple attacks on each monster and guard himself, while the Barbarian was tank killing in one shot. His advantage was that he was hitting multiple monsters at once. (Probably, the exception to this balanced weakness was the effect of his "bleed" (read: corpse-explode timer), which seems to domino and kill everything around. But, I am sure they will balance this too, if it is too powerful.)

I do think it would be nice if you could somehow mix and match different stages of skills (skill A-1, B-1, B-2) and not just the skills themselves (A-1, A-2, B-3). I also think it would be cool to be able to continue the combo infinitely or at least for a larger number of attack "stages", like in a fighting game. If you had 8, 3-part combo skills, this would bump you to over 4500 possible combinations for just a 3-stage attack. But, what do I know? As it is, you have over 500 possible combinations, and I suppose having more stages is no different than just beginning a new attack.|||Quote:








I do think it would be nice if you could somehow mix and match different stages of skills (skill A-1, B-1, B-2) and not just the skills themselves (A-1, A-2, B-3).




I agree, somewhat. That would add a ton of customization but it will also require a method to select which level of a skill to use. How will the game know that I want to use B-1 and not B-2 as my second stage of the combo?

Perhaps there will be a way to "clear" your tier so you can start a new combo (A-1, B-2, Clear, C-1, A-2, Clear, A-1, Clear, A-1, etc).|||Quote:








He even uses katars....hello my sin equivalent




Yeah, liking this one. I always do like fast paced melee softs though.

This actually reminds me a ton of the Median assassin, who represents some of the most fun I've had playing Diablo.|||The concept of the monk rocks!

But I dislike the anime style D3 is starting to have. It looks great and kicks *** don't get me wrong but watching the monk in battle looses the tradition mythic immersion which the Diablo series claimed.

A winner overall but in my book a just a 'meh'.|||Monk is going to be my first class... however, I'm not a fan of the impenetrable defense graphic. It reminds me too much of the wizard's slow time ablility. I just hope they change some of the graphic details then it will be perfect.|||I agree with bkkorps and s4nder.

My comments are:

- I love the destructible environment too.

- shaking screen and sound are annoying when so repetitive as you noted.

- the things that, above all, mess up the screen are the huge combat animations and monster bloody explosions.. should they really happen EVERY time and be so wide?

-there are no outlines here! And it seems better, at least in the videos

-shouldn't slow-time follow the wizard?



P.S.: the youtube movies have a bad audio sync.. is it true or it's just my computer?

No comments:

Post a Comment