Monday, April 16, 2012

The Monk Seems Un-Diabloish - Page 5

I think a possibly insane bald bearded man shattering bones with his fists is about as Diablo-ish as you can get, baby!|||Aside from barb, he's the most battle hardened. He also has an orange robe and still pulls off the same dark fantasy feel diablo's always had. They're really no different than the even brighter Vizjerei robes. :S|||Something not quite as stereotypical is a breath of fresh air|||I wouldn't mind having just a Warrior, Sorcerer and a Rouge like in Diablo 1. I want that original feeling back. Those are the characters I associate with this kind of game. Not sure why the Diablo 3 team feels they have to mix in all kinds of 'diverse' characters. For Diablo 3, I will most likely play the Barbarian only.

The Monk's style is also too fast for me, it seems. I don't see the pleasure in having my character teleport around like a crazy man on the screen, where neither I or (apparently) the monsters have a clue where 'he is right now' (look at the Monk gameplay video).

Everyone has a different opinion, but that's mine.|||Quote:








Everyone has a different opinion, but that's mine.




Yep... Which is why it is so good that there are 5 different class choices each one truly different to the next one... If I don't like the Barb for instance, I simply not choose him...|||I think of the monk as filling EXACTLY the same role as the assassin in d2.

I sometimes even call it the assassin.|||Ok, guys, reading this thread annoyed me, so here's something you should look at:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...apIImedium.jpg

That's Sanctuary. Draw a long, red loop with tristram at one end and the river delta at the middle of the continent at the other, plus one tiny circle in the upper-left corner around Mt. Arreat. That's how much of the Diablo universe we've SEEN. In other words, we haven't even SEEN at least 80% of the Diablo universe, so who are you to judge what that other 80% looks like?|||I don't think the character's model deviates from Diablo, I think his style sort of does, I think of Diablo as classic Sword & Sorcery and when I see his moves they look like they'd be better off in a Jackie Chan movie, but that's only nitpicking, the Assassin had that sort of feel too, only the graphics of the time did not allow for all that Kung Fu eyecandy (which is what I think doesn't quite fit, I never rolled a Sin and won't roll a monk anyways I think).|||Read the books published in the Diablo Universe. He fits just fine.|||Quote:








I don't think the character's model deviates from Diablo, I think his style sort of does, I think of Diablo as classic Sword & Sorcery and when I see his moves they look like they'd be better off in a Jackie Chan movie, but that's only nitpicking, the Assassin had that sort of feel too, only the graphics of the time did not allow for all that Kung Fu eyecandy (which is what I think doesn't quite fit, I never rolled a Sin and won't roll a monk anyways I think).




There were asians in dark ages Europe, so get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment