Thursday, April 12, 2012

Leaning toward DH

[:1]I need a good argument as to why I shouldn't be leaning toward the Demon Hunter....after seeing some more game play footage.....I'm seriously looking at switching my main....HELP |||High heels are not good combat footwear, and trying to run with them is awkward and a pain.

Anyway, I think it would be best to say what is the class you are thinking to use as your main, why you wanted to play that class, and why you started to lean towards the Demon Hunter now.

Edit: oops nvm about what class you were thinking of using as your main... I thought this was posted in the Demon Hunter section. =P|||Why do we need to give you reasons? Play the DH, play the monk... play them all! There is no such thing as "mains" and "alts" in Diablo; those are MMO terms. Who knows what my favorite will be a year from now?

I picked the monk as my first character to play because I always felt like there was so much untapped potential in the assassin of D2. To think that they took a class I wanted them to make better and they tried to do it, and then in addition added paladin-like skills, and it's simply the best fit for me right now. To me, the DH is an amazon. I never felt like the amazon had untapped potential... it is what it is and it works. It has a "been there, done that" feel to it. The monk's potential to me is what makes it desirable.

But play what you want... this isn't a competition between classes. You can always level up a monk later.|||Don't know what to tell ya. I mean my decision to play the monk is coming from experience having actually played them at Blizzcon and really like martial arts assassins.|||Quote:








Don't know what to tell ya. I mean my decision to play the monk is coming from experience having actually played them at Blizzcon and really like martial arts assassins.




Cool Neinball, I was hoping that someone who had actually gotten their hands on the classes would have some insight. Hopefully I get into the beta and can do the same.|||all about the exploding palm technique lol. the first time i saw that skill i knew i was gonna be monk first. plus he just looks like he wont be a straight forward class. actually needs some finesse to use. if i dont get into beta i think ill just have a nice hard cry.|||Quote:








all about the exploding palm technique lol. the first time i saw that skill i knew i was gonna be monk first. plus he just looks like he wont be a straight forward class. actually needs some finesse to use. if i dont get into beta i think ill just have a nice hard cry.




Heh yeah I don't think I'll cry, but these discussions would be so much more fun if I knew what I was talking about. Beta would clear up many questions.|||Play all the classes. They all look brilliant and distinct enough in their own way that you'd be missing out otherwise. Maybe the question should be, which class first? Besides, you'll play this game so much and for so long (likely) that you could possibly have completely given yourself up to the Wizard a few years down the road.|||Quote:








To me, the DH is an amazon. I never felt like the amazon had untapped potential... it is what it is and it works. It has a "been there, done that" feel to it. The monk's potential to me is what makes it desirable.

But play what you want... this isn't a competition between classes. You can always level up a monk later.






youre right i think blizzard did a good job making each class fun and equal and its pretty much best to play what you want buuuuut i dont think the DH is a been there done that type of class. with the added traps and the dual resource system the DH is a farcry from the traditional amazon and has plenty of potential.|||Quote:








youre right i think blizzard did a good job making each class fun and equal and its pretty much best to play what you want buuuuut i dont think the DH is a been there done that type of class. with the added traps and the dual resource system the DH is a farcry from the traditional amazon and has plenty of potential.




Oh I'm sure you're right and the DH is as different from the Amazon as the Monk is from the Assassin, but really it's all about personal perspective. To me the DH simply feels similar to the amazon to me, and the monk doesn't feel like the assassin. It's probably because I thought overall the amazon was a better class than the assassin in D2, so I don't need a better amazon as much as I need a better assassin. So from a psychological viewpoint I want the monk to be different more than the DH because the assassin disappointed me, so I perceive it that way.

Not to mention I disliked traps and liked paladin auras, so the monk is a natural fit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment