Thursday, April 12, 2012

So what SHOULD the monk look like? - Page 2

[:1]Well it took 11 posts before we had the first staff joke... I am so proud of you all!

That's an interesting picture MrMegaProphet... where is that from?|||Honestly don't know, i image googled "war monk" until i found this and a couple of other nice concept arts.|||Quote:













Very nice armor, but I am not so sure about the weapon fitting with the Monk, but then again Diablo will have some strange weapons... I wonder if Wart's leg will appear.|||Indeed, the weapon pictured there looks too big as well, but the armor shows very well the kind of stuff i'd like for highest level monks, with less ornaments and clutter than those high tier shown by blizzard so far and with a bit less color.|||I reserve my final verdict until I see all the monk's armor in different environments from the game's isometric view, but so far I don't have a problem with their looks. That said, I was hoping for more Guild Wars-like monk armors or something imitating the look of the Dervishes.|||I would want it simple, some overly large, brown robes, with a large draping hood.|||Quote:








I'd have liked the armor to be less about physical substance (bigger, more things poking out ...etc) and more... Spiritual? Magical?

A lightly shimmering robe for example, adding an Eastern style halo (more on the back rather then on top of the head) and back-lit light like a Buddha statue.




The back lit Buddha halo would be an awesome and fitting addition. However Jay Wilson seems to want to distance the franchise from any real world religious symbols for weak reasons in favor of pure fantasy.



I think something like this (minus the weird grinning mask and set of keys) would look pretty awesome.|||Quote:








The back lit Buddha halo would be an awesome and fitting addition. However Jay Wilson seems to want to distance the franchise from any real world religious symbols for weak reasons in favor of pure fantasy.



I think something like this (minus the weird grinning mask and set of keys) would look pretty awesome.




That's another real good image for the monk. Seems like "less is more" when it comes to the monk. Less armor coverage, more loose-fitting garments that allow freedom of movement. Sometimes I wonder if the lack of obvious religious symbols has to do with some sort of political correctness where they can appeal to areas of the world with religious censorship (like China) and not be forced to make a censored version of the game to get government approval.|||Honestly, with the monk being about purity of being and all that (I'm BSing, bear with me here) the ultimate outfit would be like a pure white monk robe or something. But his eyes would glow, I know that much. Absolute simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment