Thursday, April 12, 2012

Why the Monk? - Page 4

[:1]I fell in love with the Monk class in Baldur's Gate II and hoped for a Monk class in the Diablo world long, long before D3 was announced.

I was mighty surprised when they actually announced the Monk class for D3.|||I enjoyed the monk the most after playing all the classes at blizzcon, so he's going to be my first char come d3.|||The combo system looks dynamic and exciting!

Plus, I've always had an affinity for the martial arts classes since my days in Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies.|||Two of my favorite classes in D&D, the tabletop not the MMO, are the Cleric and Monk. D3s monk is a pretty nice infusion of the two.|||I'm drawn to any shaolin-monk archetype characters in any game. When they released the monk class on D3 i almost soiled my knickers in excitement!|||I'm thinking about going monk first simply because I rarely play melee classes, and barb doesn't appeal to me. ^^;|||I've ALWAYS loved monk characters in any game, but there are so few games that seem to do them just right. Either they end up being tremendously underpowered from a lack of heavy armor and a big weapon, or they end up being tremendously overpowered due to mechanics compensating for that.

There's just something about the character of the monk that appeals to me, where his journey through life is not just physical but also spiritual. From the perspective of story, they're definitely the most appealing to me.|||the monk seems to be the class i feel fits for me. not all beef and not made of 100% glass. hes the mixture of both and that will soothe my craving for blood in d3|||I like the fast paced melee combat plus the huge defensive/support abilities. My monk will be my PvP main and my first character I will try.|||Based on currently existing character info, the monk seems to be the best character to not only survive playing alone, but also seems to offer a great deal of multiplayer support. It's basically a pally/assassin hybrid and has the best of both worlds IMO. I mean you've also got access to a quasi-amplify damage skill as well, which was arguably one of the best skills in D2.

Even if it doesn't include lowering physical immunity in D3, how can you lose? There's still a ton of other auras and build-up skills were certainly fun and devastating at times with the Assassin. I'll try out the others no doubt, but monk is gonna be first choice for me hands-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment