Thursday, April 12, 2012

Why the Monk? - Page 2

[:1]The monk will definitely be my first character. I was sold after watching the monk's cinematic video. I like melee types better, and he just seems to have a lot more style than the barb. At least in my opinion|||best selling point for me with the monk is i feel he could be the assassin done right. i hated the assassin in D2 so it stands to reason i could easily end up hating the monk but so far looks like he will be a better version of the assassin. also i like the staff, always have been a big fan of the staff as a weapon and it will be good to finally see a rpg character make good use of it besides a mage who really just uses it to boost magic stats.

right now the monk is in 4th for my "want" list but that can easily change very fast and when i finally play one could rocket to the top. barb went from first to last for me in D2 and he could easily drop to last here. actually he is probably only over the monk cause of the look of the character which is a pretty poor reason lol|||The monk definitely looks fun, but from what little I've seen, it looks like the learning curve is going to be "higher" than the other classes. Barb, wade in and smash. Wizard, hang back and blast stuff. Witch Doctor, let your dogs tank while you nuke from far away. The monk seems a bit more "challenging" especially in regards to timing the different combos together. I'll definitely try one out, but I'll probably start off w/ a wizard or barb, b/c I'm used to the classical paradigms they represent.|||I was thinking about going for a Witch Doctor, but i have this feeling i will run in to a wall with him some how, so i will create a Monk lady first. Anyway this will happen in singel player, i like to play alone and after 10 years with online gameing i had it with people, hacks and bots in D2 and wow|||^May I suggest playing on closed b.net?|||My problem with the monk is that without items they usually don't end up looking as badass as a Barb or pally. On the other hand though, having the control of your body to be able to drop demons with fists of fury, thats just raw power. Raw power is always fun to play with :-D

Thats why sorcs are fun, da Power D&D Monks are the bomb though, Diamond skin, magic fists and of course, feather fall.|||I don't think the monk will be my first class, but I have a sense of nostalgia for the monk, way back to Dungeons and Dragons 1st edition. I always loved the martial arts / mystical / disciplined archetype. I will definitely be playing a monk at some point, but I'm not 100% sure they've got it right. They might need a patch or two after release before the monk is really ironed out.|||The moment MiniMonk saw the Monk in action he knew that it was going to be his first character. That speed! Those techniques! The shining head*coughcough* umm... foreign runes! They all call out to MM!|||I like the martial arts aspect of the monk, very cool stuff, my first char for sure!|||Something funny about a holy man kicking butt. must play.

No comments:

Post a Comment