Thursday, April 12, 2012

What will you name your Monk? - Page 4

[:1]Monkey....|||FacialHurt, Wow this was a showstopper ;D|||Sheng Zao Zheng. I use this website to make the name.

http://www.mandarintools.com/worddict.html|||BruceRee

..|||Hmm:

MrFlavaSava (for the beard. Flavor Saver. )

Yang (FFIV)

Kung_Pow (from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist)

Rasputin (Russia)

Ryu (Street Fighter)

Ling-Ling (Drawn Together)

Mountain_Man (FEAR THE BEARD!!)|||I'm going to name him Monk.|||I'm probably going to go for the "western" monk-name direction and name mine FriarTuck or something like that.|||Quote:








Adrian Monk.




yeah, its a gift ...

but also a curse|||To me, the Monk looks like a mixture of a Russian and a Chinese (and the forehead tatoos are obviously Hindi-inspired), so I might do a bit of research on historical Russian/slav personalities as well as names of Samurai and Chinese people (especially Shaolin persons).

Then it'd just be a matter of mix-'n-match. No doubt some of my Monks will end up with silly-sounding names :P

Or I'll just use something that I think sounds Russian/slav mixed with something I think sounds Chinese |||well, let's see, I've a few ideas;

Mahou no Ken (literally, Magic Fist, or Fist of Magic, however you slice it)

Mahou Dangan (literally, Magic Bullet)

Runaway Truck (he hits like a truck, so he must be a truck, QED.)

Vagabond (don't ask why)

these aren't first choice nicknames though; I have a few in reserve. But now that I come to think of it, a lot of people are going in for Martial Arts/Avatar inspirations (but for the one guy who mentioned Friar Tuck.)

No comments:

Post a Comment