Friday, April 13, 2012

Wave of Light

[:1]Anyone else scratching their heads at this one? Wave of Light is represented by a gigantic monastery bell that goes crashing off the screen? What the what?

Do not want. Give me a WAVE OF (holy) LIGHT to smite my demonic foes, not a gigantic church bell.|||What you propose is a little vanilla. I like the bell, but if you don't like it maybe there will be a rune somewhere that changes its appearance.|||With a generic name like Wave of Light, runes would certainly free us from the bell effect.



I personally don't like it, but do like the flash blast afterwards. A bigger one reminiscent of the Barb's Shockwave would be nice for a power based rune (sane bell on this).

I can even see a "Final Flash" a la Vegeta (duck from hater's tomato) for a nice effect too.|||Hadoken Skillrune. Guaranteed.|||Ka-me-ha-meeeeeeeee...|||while i agree it does look a little over the top , the concept of bells as a spiritual and religious focus is appropriate. they feature prominently in western and eastern philosophies.|||**** graphic, it hardly looks like a bell, looks like a giant pregnant gold egg!

Like the skill idea, essentially a ranged attack in one direction (ala shockwave, disintegrate) but i hate the execution.|||I don't have a big problem with the bell, but I'd like to see them improve or change it all the same.

When I read the skill description I picture a really badass, wide wave of holy fire. The bell looks almost like a physical attack, not an energy attack.|||I love the monastery bell concept, its looks very powerfull and holly, but I see it more like a big debuff or a holy AoE attack, not a rocketable attack|||The bell is appropriate. It is pretty ornate if you see it in HD youtube videos, and it looks very much like the types of bells you'd find in Asian Buddhist temples.

What really gets me scratching my head is why, after the bell appears, the monk punches it and it goes flying across the screen. I would have expected the bell to materialize above the monk and gong, sending out a supersonic shockwave of holy damage.

It's like summoning a rocket launcher and then throwing the rocket launcher at an enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment