Friday, April 13, 2012

Wave of Light - Page 2

[:1]Or like throwing a holy boulder.|||Quote:








Or like throwing a holy boulder.




That would have made more sense. Or a holy diver.

I want to hear the sounds for Wave of Light. This skill could be my favorite in D3 if they used the same bell sound from the paladin in WC2, updated and much more dramatic.

With the gonging bell. Not a punching bag bell. I'm shutting up now.|||I like the idea of wave of light. Not sure about the bell, but I haven't seen it.|||Quote:








I like the idea of wave of light. Not sure about the bell, but I haven't seen it.




I put some crappy low-res shots up of it in the Wave of Light wiki, and it can be seen in the gameplay panel from this year's blizzcon, iirc.|||agreed. the bell looks silly. I thought it was a joke when i first saw it.

perhaps the runes make it even sillier e.g. you can rune it so the monk yells into the apex end of the bell and it shoots a big sound wave blast a la kung fu hustle.

wizard already has what amounts to kamehameha so for the sake of novelty he needed something else.

the monk attacks all seem hung up on him striking something and the devs may have wanted a devastating ranged punch and got to drinkin' hooch and watchin' old movies one afternoon.

it really is the only one i can see that has any graphic with any religious imagery so far. can he use holy water ? maybe he bows his head five times in prayer and the action is so violent it blinds and damages enemies in front of him with dust. or a harem of choir-boy minions?|||I'm not a big fan of the skill's graphical effect (from the base skill we saw at Blizzcon 2010). I like the concept of using the bell and the religious imagery it conjures. But, based on the skill name, I was expecting something more to do with... light - not sound or the physicality of a gigantic bell being hit across the screen. On the other hand, both sound and light are waves and light could just allude to holy power *shrug*.

I'm really interested in seeing how they handle the different rune effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment