Thursday, April 12, 2012

Monks skills with runes? - Page 2

[:1]Would be awesome if everyone just stopped and went:"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT A BIG BELL?"|||I hope it makes a sound like in the Taco Bell commercials.|||If the bell coming to life and eating enemies is a rune...|||Quote:








More hits in a combo would actually be a nerf, since you want to get to the last hit in most cases, since it does more damage and triggers the big effect of that combo.




Tsk, tsk - you're not thinking "outside the box". The big hit could be taken away and spread out equally amongst a longer combo chain. This would not be a nerf in that case.|||It would still be a more lock you in your routine sort of thing if they did that, more like why the paladin went from 20 hits max Frenzy to 5 hit max.

What I see more happening is is for lightning stike, you can change the damage type to fire, or have the hits send out spells as opposed to just the hit doing damage. For example, strike 1 charged bolt, strike 2 lightning bolt, strike 3 chain lightning. Or maybe just change stike 3 to a charged bolt instead of an aoe. Or maybe throw on a status effect. I would like to say stun, but that would be like stepping on the toes of a later skill. perhaps, slow or bleed or blind.|||Well even though they don't keep to it strictly, they are still trying to have most runes lean toward a common type of effect, so that would be the best starting point when figuring out what they might do. They aim for: more damage, less cost, multishot, then a couple of wildcards.

Some misc things I'd expect:

-Exploding palm allowing you to rip an enemy's heart out of their chest.

-Some holy skills causing lots of holy bolts to fly around, similar to the Paladin's Fist of Heavens.

-Auras being flipped around to harming monsters in the same stats that they usually help your allies, or vice-versa.

-Inner Sanctuary altering the different kinds of effects it can and can't block. Ie allowing melee to hit you, but stopping certain types of ranged attacks. Or causing it to damage enemies that get too close.

-Using enemies or the environment as weapons. Kinda similar idea to the barbarian's corpse throwing, but more Jackie Chan style. Something like kicking one enemy so that it flies into another one.

-Some sort of short-term summoning, one of his gods or an angel or some benevolent spirit.

-Conversion.

-Effects that target the undead specifically.|||Panzerschwein the only thing I think we see is projectiles being produced by some of the skills and the Inner Sanctuary alteration the rest are either too hard to impermanent (the throw unless it generates a predetermined object to throw) or not flashy enough or trod on the WDs toes (runes wont make a summon unless it already a summon)

Given that the only 1 we know about the runes for is Plague of Toads now that got 2 skill complete changes (rain and big one), extra status effect (blind), extra damage type (fire), and increased efficiency (it either cost less or produces extra toads).|||BTW, the site now has a Runestones page:

http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/world...runestones.xml

There's one monk's skill with all its runes.|||Quote:








Well I am thinking the length of combos for starters. Runes could shorten them, ie. make them just 1 or 2. or lengthen them, like 5-6.

All the combos I've seen so far only have 3, so I'm sure they would do something like what I am saying.



I think the Monk will be drastically different by the time this game comes out. Right now, with his combo spells generating his resource for more powerful spells... well, that just seems stupidly OP to me. I mean, why would he ever use his default attack? If his spells cost nothing?




I'm totally agree with you! I don't like how the spirit works for the monk.Why would I bother leveling up signature skills that needs spirit to be used, when I can simply play with combo skills?!They don't cost any spirit or I am I mistaking?

I hate Seven Sided Strike skill I would never add points to it simply because this skill makes the monk to strong and I hate my character being so powerfull.It just makes the character feel more like a fighting game hero who doesn't get hits and neve can be attacked.Besdies I don't reallly see rune versions for this skill.

I can imagine only cool rune combinations for the Lashing kick.It can be turned into round kick, low kick.jumping kick and pushing kick.|||And you're basing this power on detailed knowledge of the finished product, or flashy demo vids?

Anyway, the point of building Spirit is to use it with powerful attacks. The chargeups debuff, and the "finishers" are the kill power.

No comments:

Post a Comment