Thursday, April 12, 2012

My hopes for the monk

[:1]As all of you know, the majority of our judgements about the monk are based solely on speculation. Aside from a few 10 minute youtube videos and player experience at previous Blizzcons, it is hard to tell how the Monk will actually "feel" come release. As my first thread in this community (hold the applause), I'd like to provide a platform for monk hopefulls who plan on grabbing this game as soon as it comes out and proceed to punch and kick through endless waves of enemies until our eyes bleed and carpal tunnel leaves our joints to the point of no return. What are you guys looking forward to/hoping for?

My first hope is that the combo system is incorporated effectively. Nothing would be better than the spirit system providing a smooth transition from combo moves to finishers (or however the spirit system ends up being). I've always held the belief that the more thought that goes into characters in these games equals a more enjoyable experience. Throughout my career in WoW, I always chose the characters that required the most thought and pre-meditation going into a fight (Loved Shamans); as opposed to mindless button clicking that could be done in any state of mind (intoxication if one desired).

Another wish of mine is to see the rune system provide everything that it promises to. I guess this applies to all classes, but I'm especially interested in seeing what some of the runes do to the Monk's abilities. I'm sure Blizzard has done a fantastic job, and I'm thoroughly excited to see the finished product.

Overall, I'm very excited for this game, and cannot wait to get my hands on it. As to all of the people who argue that the changes Blizard has made are for lack of a better word, dumb, I respectfully, but completely disagree with you. Every release of information that we've received as a community has done nothing but improved gameplay in my eyes, and has turned my favorite game into something even greater.|||Quote:








What are you guys looking forward to/hoping for?




I'm hoping for more skills even half as awesome as Seven Sided Strike and Exploding Palm. The moment I saw them in action I knew the monk would be the second class I would play. He lost only to the Witch Doctor, solely because as a veteran of RPGs I'm looking for the most original class on my first playthrough and the WD with his wacky skills and voices won me over.


Quote:








I always chose the characters that required the most thought and pre-meditation going into a fight




You will probably like the Demon Hunter then too, because of the many gadgets she will hopefully have in her arsenal of skills.


Quote:








Loved Shamans




I always liked them for the unparalleled buffs they bring to groups even when they're specced as pure DPS. Also, I had the pleasure to play with a friend in PvP, and seeing the burst damage of his Shaman was downright scary. |||The Monk will be a strategic character to play, and as Big Al mentioned, this fact turns me on as it seems to take a bit more timing and skill to master. I plan on making such a dominant PvP Monk that I single-handedly bring about an uproar from other players to nerf and patch the Monk abilities in the arena.

I mean, think about it....

Seven Sided Strike, Wave of Light, Circle of Wrath..... not to mention what runes might do to boost these.... aren't even combo/finisher skills! All those who question the Monk's viability in PvP due to his "slow and detrimental combo archetype" as somebody called it, will bow down to him in the arena!

I look forward to the wild card rune functions for Serenity. This will almost certainly be one of my skills, and I'm going to combine it with SSS (monk can't be hit during attack), Dashing Strike, Dominate Aura, and one more big finisher move. And that's only 5 skills! I have two more to toy around with...

No comments:

Post a Comment